As happy git users, we love learning how other people use our favorite version control system. So, we thought we’d add to the discussion and share how we use git and other tools to drive our engineering work. We’ve been improving our git workflow for a few years, and our current solution is optimized around:
- Easing work parallelization
- Communicating who’s working on what
- Allowing us to prioritize tasks
- Allowing external stakeholders to view task progress
- Preventing us from deploying un-QA’d code
- Creating a clear path for engineers to take their tasks through the pipeline of development, testing, QA, all the way to production without blocking on work from others
We’ve been pretty satisfied with our setup – check it out, and let us know what you think!